Fall is the time for yard clean-ups and readying your house for the cold winter ahead.
- Change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when you turn back your clocks for Daylight Savings Time. Make sure to check the alarms with the new batteries installed.
- Use extra caution when climbing ladders for fall jobs such as cleaning gutters or hanging holiday decorations. Shoes or boots may be wet causing you to slip as you climb the ladder.
- Keep your driveway and walkway clear of falling leaves. They get very slippery when they are wet.
- Check and replace any home fire extinguishers that have expired.
- Always wear work gloves when doing outside yard work.